In Inline Manual, you can add a video or media from supported sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Qik, Viddler, MyOpera. If you’re wondering why you should add media to your topics and when to do this, take a look at this article.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a video to your step.
Adding a video
To add a video:
1. In the Authoring Tool, while you’re adding a step, scroll down to the Step Options Panel. In the WYSIWYG editor, click the video button.
2. Paste the video URL.
If the short link doesn’t work, try using the exact (long) link from the browser.
3. If you want to, you can resize the video.
4. Set up alignment.
5. Confirm adding a video with the OK button.
Alternatively, you can use the embed code from the video (if available). For example, for Youtube, it can be found under the Embed tab. Then, in the WYSIWYG editor, click the Source <> button and enter the code.
After adding a video, you may want to adjust the width of the step. You can do it in the Misc panel in the Authoring tool:
Read more about the Misc panel here.
Adding a YouTube video via iFrame
To add a video:
1. Open the video on Youtube. In the bottom part click on share.
2. Choose embed and copy the code.
3. Open the authoring tool and in Step options section click on source.
4. Insert the code
Format the video:
5. To format the video switch off the source mode and double click on the iFrame. Now change the properties of the video.
To adjust the width of the step to the video, go to Misc section and change the width of the step.