With export, you can quickly download a file with users' data from the People tab. Currently, you can download users data with usage and without:
* The file without usage data contains the users' info from the People tab (and more) without the information about topics.
* The file including usage data contains all the info from the People tab plus the detailed info from each user's profile such as completed topics, number of steps seen etc. User data including usage is available in JSON format only at the moment.
You'll find the detailed list of fields at the end of the article.>
The export of users is especially useful if you're importing different data into 3rd party tools. For example, you may import different reports into one dashboard, and want to include Inline Manual there as well. You can import exported data (especially the one with usage) to, for example, data analytics tools (eg. QLik, PowerBI, Tableau) and play with the data visualization. You may also want to analyze and target users based on the usage details or improve the tutorials. With user export, you can get a better picture of your users.
Export is available currently to Standard PRO and Enterprise users. Only sites' owners (including Organizations' owners) will be able to export and download the file.
How to export users
- While in the People tab, select users you want to export. You may select specific users or all users matching the filter.
- Click Export users button. The button will be disabled if you don't have any users selected.
- You'll see a modal window where you can select a user content and the output format. User data including usage is available in JSON format only at the moment.
Click the "Export" button to export a file.
The e-mail with an export link will be sent to your e-mail address. The link will be active for 60 minutes. After this time, the file will be deleted and the link will not work anymore. The file can be downloaded by site owners only. The link won’t work for any other user. If you have troubles with unzipping the file, take a look here.
Detailed list of fields
Note: Not all fields and their values are always present. This depends on usage and how much data you are providing using People tracking.
CSV export (no usage data):
- site - site ID
- user - UID
- agent.os - operating system as detected by a web browser. Example: Windows 10, iPhone, Android.
- agent.os_version - operating system version as detected by a web browser.
- agent.vendor - operating system vendor as detected by a web browser. Example: Apple, Microsoft.
- agent.name - typically name of the web browser. Example: Chrome, Mozilla, Safari.
- agent.category - computer category as detected by a web browser. Example: pc, smartphone
- agent.version - web browser version.
- user_agent - a combination of the above agent fields in one sentence. This is non-parsed (raw) agent information from the browser.
- meta.created - provided through People tracking.
- meta.email - provided through People tracking. Typically user’s email.
- meta.group - provided through People tracking.
- meta.name - provided through People tracking. Typically a user’s full name.
- meta.plan - provided through People tracking.
- meta.roles - provided through People tracking. Typically list of roles.
- meta.uid - provided through People tracking. Typically user ID.
- meta.username - provided through People tracking.
- meta.updated - provided through People tracking.
- uuid - UUID
- tags - list of tags
JSON export (all the fields as above + usage data):
- autolaunchers- list of autolaunchers
- done- total number of topics done.
- first- when was the user seen for the very first time.,br/>
- hits - how many page visits a user has done where the player is.
- last - when was the user seen for the last time.
- steps - how many steps a user has seen.
- starts - how many topics a user has started.
- topics - list of topics
- id - autolauncher ID
- start - when was the autolauncher launched (seen by the user)
- starts - the number of starts
- completions- number of completions (topic done) of the autolaunched topic
- done - when was it marked as done
- dismiss - timestamp when user dismissed an autolaunche.
- id - topic ID
- start - when was this topic started
- starts - the number of starts
- completions - number of completions (topic done)
- rating - if it is an NPS or Feedback topic, the rating will be stored here
- done- when was the topic done
- steps - list of topic steps
- id - step ID
- date - when was the step seen/triggered