You can use the site’s Player settings for further customization of your steps, widget, and the checklist.
In Player settings, you can:
- Enable mirroring,
- Choose preferred storage,
- Enable checklist.
In this article, we’ll describe all these options.
Accessing site’s Player settings
Login to Inline Manual portal with your e-mail and password.
Go to Sites and choose the desired site.
- Go to the Settings tab and choose Player settings from the left side menu.
Now, let's discuss what you can set up in each tab.
- Enable mirroring - if checked, popovers (steps), and the widget will update their positions on all windows where the player code is implemented. It’s applicable when your guided tour involves multiple windows. We don’t recommend using it when the step has a video with autoplay in it.
In the Preferred storage section, you can decide if you want to use local storage or cookies.
Local Storage - If used, you can't keep the state when a user is going through the different subdomains. For example, users won’t be able to continue the walkthrough on another subdomain.
Cookies - If used, walkthroughs should work across subdomains.
In the Checklist section, you can enable the checklist.
- Enable checklist - if checked, it will add a checklist box with a list of specific topics. Read more about enabling checklist here.
You can set up: - Checklist position - choose at what corner of the screen the checklist will appear. - Hide when all done - if checked, it’ll hide the checklist when all topics are done. - Checklist type - Normal means that users will see all of the topics, and they can complete them in any order. Linear means they will see all of the topics, but they can only complete them in sequence.
In the Branding section, you can remove the Inline Manual branding.
- Remove Inline Manual branding - if checked, "Powered by Inline Manual" won't be visible in your content.
Whenever you make a change, don’t forget to confirm it with the Save button at the bottom of the page.