There may be instances when you may need to use the Topic ID. For example, when you want to use a direct link to launch a Walkthrough. You can find the Topic ID within the Inline Manual portal or the Authoring tool.
Finding Topic ID on the Inline Manual portal
- Go to Sites and choose the desired Site.
- Go to the Topics tab and identify the desired Topic. You will see the Topic ID under the ID tab.
- Also, within the portal, you can easily find the Topic ID in the address bar when you go to the desired Topic.
Finding the Topic ID on the Authoring tool
- You can get the Topic ID from the Authoring tool. It's the number below the Topic title beside the author's name and language.
- While editing a Topic, you can see the Topic ID below the Topic title on top.