You can use the Site’s Player settings to customise your Steps, Widget, and Checklist.
In Player settings, you can:
- Enable mirroring
- Choose preferred storage
- Enable checklist.
In this article, we’ll describe all these options.
Accessing a Site’s Player settings
Login to the Inline Manual portal with your e-mail and password.
Go to Sites and choose the desired Site.
Go to the Settings tab and choose Player settings from the left side menu.
Now, let's discuss what you can set up in each tab.
- Enable mirroring - if enabled, popovers (Steps), and the Widget will update their positions on all windows where the player code is implemented. It’s applicable when your guided tour involves multiple windows. We don’t recommend using it when the step has a video with autoplay in it.
In the Preferred storage section, you can decide if you want to use local storage or cookies.
Local - If used, you can't keep the state when a user goes through the different subdomains. For example, users won’t be able to continue the walkthrough on another subdomain.
Cookie - If used, walkthroughs should work across subdomains.
In the Checklist section, you can enable the Checklist.
- Enable checklist - if checked, it will add a Checklist box with a list of specific Topics. Read more about enabling the Checklist.
You can set up the following options for a Checklist:
- Type - here you can select the type of Checklist you want to appear. The type of Checklist you choose will determine how your users can complete tasks within it. Below you can read the differences between the two types of Checklists:
- Normal - users will be able to see and complete all Topics in any order.
- Linear - users will see all Topics but they can only complete them in sequence.
- Display - here you can select between two types of display. The type of display you choose will determine how the Checklist is displayed for your users. Below you can read the differences between both types of display:
- Standalone - the Checklist will be displayed as is on a corner of the screen. You can configure in which corner you want the Checklist to be displayed in with the options in the Position drop-down menu.
- Attached - the Checklist will be attached to an element. Users will have to click on that element for the Checklist to be displayed.
- Position - from this drop-down menu you can choose in which corner of the screen the Checklist will appear.
- Backdrop - this option will add a Backdrop behind the Checklist to bring attention to it. You can read more about Backdrops in our in-depth guide.
- Hide when all done - if checked, the Checklist will hide once all Topics within it have been compleated.
- Allow users to dismiss the Checklist - if checked, users will be able to dismiss the Checklist whether they have completed the Topics within it or not.
Whenever you make a change, don’t forget to confirm it with the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your edits.